Friday, March 19, 2010

Outsider art.





I went to the MCA today. There was an abstract artwork on display by an aboriginal lady (whose name unfortunately escapes me) that the curators were particularly excited about because she had had no exposure to the traditional school of 'abstract art'. Really, the art of children is sometimes like that. I was at a friends house last week and saw a painting on canvas his young sister had done. The shapes were clear, the colour was great, I really really enjoyed what I was seeing.

Similarly, here are some images my 5 year old friend Tom Starky completed on my iphone that I'm quite fond of. Who's to say they arent MCA worthy?

Cosidering the MCA recently held an exhibition of paintings created by elephants, I reckon Tom should apply. Do you have to complete kindy to be a famous abstract artist??

No comments:

Post a Comment