Monday, March 15, 2010

There's no place like home.





We've been talking today at Youthworks College about love and the family. My lecturer suggested that the day of the Happy Days, 50's 'no place like home' family are over. That postmodern marriage is not based on a “Jane Austen" love for one another, but mutual decision and consent. Commitment for as long as the commitment lasts.

Sadly, I think it is largely true.
Even if the passionate among us, like Dolores, don't feel like it is.

Goodbye grey sky, hello blue.
There's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.

These Happy Days are your's and mine.
These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days.


It makes me wonder how God feels about the shift towards family life as the Griffins?

No comments:

Post a Comment